Tuesday 5 January 2016

Everyday Skincare Routine


Hello! I hope you are having a lovely Tuesday. Today I am talking about my everyday skincare routine. I'm sure you already know this but having a good skincare routine is essential. So let's get straight into it...

Morning



I don't apply many products in the morning. Mainly because I'm in a rush, but also because I don't feel that I need it. I will normally just apply this Superdrug Moisturising Day Cream from their Vitamin E range before applying any makeup. This product is cheap, cruelty free and does the job perfectly. 

Evening


The first thing I do when removing my makeup in the evening is use this Simple Eye Makeup Remover. I've used this stuff without fail for probably 2 years and it's perfect. I don't wear waterproof eye makeup regularly but I do know that it will remove Benefit They're Real without a lot of hassle. It has also never irritated my eyes. I would definitely recommend.


Sometimes I use miscellar water as well as this product, but recently I've been going straight in with The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser. This product removes my base makeup well and isn't at all harsh!



After I use the cleanser I like to go over my face with the Simple Soothing Facial Toner. I haven't tried a lot of toners as I find not a lot of drugstore brands sell them, however I enjoy using this one as I feel it helps to remove any makeup I missed as well as refreshing my skin. 


Once my face has been completely cleansed I like to replenish it with moisture, and of course you can never skip the eye area. This is why I use The Body Shop's Aloe Eye Defence. This gentle formula adds moisture to my under eyes to keep them in good condition.


My last. and absolutely essential step (especially in Winter) is to use The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum In Oil. This stuff is AMAZING at moisturising the skin. I apply a few drops last thing at night and wake up in the morning with soft, moisturised skin. This isn't the sort of thing you would use in the morning as it's very oily, but it's perfect to use overnight. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry skin!

Extras! 



In the summer months, when I'm feeling a bit 'meh' from all the heat, I like to refresh my face with a little of this Evian Facial Spray. To be honest I'm not sure how much it benefits my skin in the long run but it's lovely on hot days when I need a little spritz of coolness.


When I need to exfoliate my skin I use a bit of the No.7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator. I'm not too keen on physical exfoliators as I find it hard to remove all the beads from my face, but I like/use this one. I only own the small version as I got it in a set last Christmas. Ok, maybe that shows how often I exfoliate...


And lastly, I'm addicted to using lip balms whenever my lips feel the slightest bit dry. This is why I frequently use this The Body Shop Honeymania Lip Balm. I like using this product because it's very rich and creamy; it really does a good job at moisturising the lips!

And that's it! You will probably be able to tell that my main priority is keeping my skin moisturised.. it's kind of an obsession. 

I'd like to know if you have any of these products in your skincare routine. Are there any amazing products I should test out? Comment below!

-Jessica Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment