Saturday 25 June 2016

Mini Nyx Haul

When I head that Nyx was now being sold in the UK, I was extremely excited to get hold of some new lip products. I travelled to a town quite far away from me to grab this small selection which I will be discussing today. I really wanted to get my hands on the Soft Matte Lip Cream Stockholm but sadly it was sold out. Luckily there were other shades that I wanted so I picked those up; I am very happy with my choices.

The first product I picked out was a Soft Matte Lip cream in the shade 'Cannes'(left). Cannes is a dark pinky/browny nude. I love how these lip colours glide onto the lips and set nicely. Unlike other liquid lipsticks I feel that the Soft Matte Lip Creams are very light in texture and don't feel heavy on the lips at all. I'm really lazy when it comes to reapplying lip products, so I like that when this one fades it isn't too obvious; somehow the colour just sinks into the lips without leaving a strange ring of colour around the outsides of the lips. I'm very happy with this colour (not that I really need any more nude/pink lip colours!)

After buying Cannes I wanted to try out more of a bold lip colour, as I don't own many and find myself always buying the same dark purple shades. I didn't want buy a true red shade so I settled for the Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Manila' (right). I was a little scared to wear this colour but luckily it went on well and stayed on for a while before I ate. I found that after I ate and drank and reapplied a layer it went a bit patchy and flaky however I think could have avoided this happening if I took more care (maybe removing some of the old colour) and exfoliated beforehand.

I have never worn lipgloss, but I decided to give the Butter Gloss  in 'Angel Food Cake' a try (left). Firstly, lets talk about the smell of this product, if not all the products I bought. They smell of vanilla which some people may not like but I feel that I can tolerate the scent on my lips. It goes away after a short amount of time. I do like the scent though, just not on my face. Like I said, I am not usually one to wear lipgloss so I am finding it hard to get used to the almost sticky feeling on my lips but I love the colour of this gloss and how it improves the appearance of my lips.

From left: Cannes, Manila and Angel Food Cake
If you live near a Boots that sells Nyx products then I would recommend you to try out these products because I am enjoying using them. If you have any other Nyx recommendations then please leave a comment letting me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment